Many of you have asked me for recipes, so I asked Caroline Laurent, a very creative chef, to develop some very special recipes for you. All of the following recipes are all compatible with the weight-loss phase, or Phase I of my diet. They call only for foods that are allowed during that phase. Caroline Laurent has worked with France’s greatest chefs and now shares her passion by teaching the art of cuisine. And you’ll see that with Caroline a diet is not boring, but flavorful and enjoyable. So enjoy! Note: Some of the recipes may call for foods, like yogurt, cottage cheese or even a small amount of coconut milk. Although these ingredients are not recommended during Phase I of the diet, they are used in such small amounts in these recipes that they will not prevent weight loss or ketosis. Plus, they make the recipes much tastier!
Vous ne possedez pas le dernier player Flash.
Veuillez télécharger la dernière version en cliquant sur le lien ci-dessous.
Tuna, yogurt, tomatoes...
Spinach, eggs, yogurt or cottage cheese...
Swordfish filet, Mixture of powdered spices...
Chicken breast filet, zucchini...
Ingredients for 2 servings:
Turkey Skewers :
- 2 boneless turkey breasts, about 100 g or 4 oz. each
- 2 tbsp. tandoori paste
- ½ cup plain, non-fat yogurt
- ¼ bunch mint
- juice of 1 lime
- ¾ English (hothouse) cucumber
- salt and pepper
- mint leaves
- 1 sliced lime
- 1 cup plain, non-fat yogurt
- ½ bunch mint
- ¼ English (hothouse) cucumber
- juice and zest of 1 lime
Turkey Skewers :
1. Cut the turkey breasts into 1-inch cubes.
2. Juice the lime.
3. Whisk the tandoori paste with the yogurt and the lime juice; season with pepper.
4. Marinate the turkey cubes in the tandoori-yogurt mixture for 2 hours, stirring several times.
5. Wash the mint leaves and remove stems.
6 Wash, dry and peel the cucumber and cut into as many 1-inch cubes as there are turkey cubes.
7 Thread the turkey cubes onto skewers, alternating with the mint leaves and cucumber cubes.
8. Broil the skewers for about 10 minutes or until done. Turn after 5 minutes. Skewers can also be cooked on a stovetop.
Refreshing Sauce :
1. Chop the mint leaves.
2. Peel and finely dice the cucumber.
3. Combine the mint, cucumber, lime zest and juice, salt and pepper with the yogurt.
Serve the skewers with the sauce on the side. Garnish with lime slices and chopped mint leaves.
All About the Tandoori Spice Blend
Widely used in Indian cuisine, tandoori is a blend of several spices and is available as a fairly fine powder. It has a bright reddish-brown color and a subtle taste with a bit of kick.
The ingredients of tandoori powder:
Paprika, cumin, coriander, garlic, onion, turmeric, ginger, nutmeg, fenugreek, cinnamon, pepper, cardamom, cayenne pepper